Ring of Honor is getting ready to hit the city of the sin on September 28th for their annual Death Before Dishonor pay-per-view at the in Las Vegas.
The complete lineup includes seven matches:
JAY LETHAL VS. WILL OSPREAY
BULLET CLUB VS. CHAOS
THE BRISCOES VS. THE ADDICTION
PUNISHMENT MARTINEZ VS. CHRIS SABIN
SUMIE SAKAI VS. TENILLE DASHWOOD
KENNY KING VS.JUSHIN ‘THUNDER’ LIGER
FLIP GORDON & COLT CABANA VS. BULLY RAY & SILAS YOUNG
Conversation with ROH World Champion Jay Lethal
And Instinct Culture was able to chat with the Ring of Honor World Champion Jay Lethal ahead of his match at Death Before Dishonor.
Here is what we learned:
- Jay Lethal says his main goal as ROH Champion is to make ROH as big as possible and his personal goal is to make this reign better than his first.
- Because he is wrestling Will Ospreay in the main event of a PPV versus a TV match that this match will be 10 times better than their previous match.
- Ric Flair is Jay Lethal’s influence when it comes to doing promos. He says you have to believe you’re the best to make people believe it too. However, Lethal says his promo work can actually improve more.
- Jay Lethal says that because of the boom in wrestling right now, that is what is helping Ring of Honor grow.
- Lethal credits social media and the internet for the incredible rise of popularity in wrestling. In the sense that it opened doors for people to see and discover new promotions.
- Jay Lethal says he would love the opportunity to wrestle Kazuchika Okada at the Madison Square Garden show next year.
Jay Lethal is currently about 138 days aways from being ROH’s longest reigning champion ever. He’s also 7 defenses away from tying the all time defense record as well.
Death Before Dishonor airs September 28, 2018 live from Las Vegas. For more details on how to watch the show vist their offical website.