Mile 22 is an upcoming action thriller film starring Mark Wahlberg (The Departed) Lauren Cohan (The Walking Dead), Iko Uwais (Stars Wars: The Force Awakens), Ronda Rousey (Entourage, UFC, WWE) and John Malkovich (Being John Malkovich).
Mark Wahlberg stars as James Silva an operative of the CIA’s most highly prized and least-understood unit who has to smuggle a police officer who holds deadly information to Mile 22 out of the country.
And Instinct Culture was able to attend the press conference for Mile 22 with Director Peter Berg, Mark Wahlberg, Ronda Rousey, Lauren Cohan, Carlo Alban, and Iko Uwais.
Here are 22 interesting facts about the film that we learned.
Mark Wahlberg plays James Silva.
- Mark drank a lot of coffee in order to stay “lit” for his character because Mark is very Mellow. He also isn’t a coffee drinker.
- Mark listened to a lot of Steve Bannon interview tapes to study for his character. They were sent to him by director Peter Berg.
- Mark Walhberg and Peter Berg have the same agent and that is how they ended up working together. This is their fourth collaboration and they are working on a fifth movie beginning September 2019 where Mark will be playing a detective.
- Mark DID NOT have to take Navy Seals training like the rest of the cast because he already had prior weapons training.
Lauren Cohan plays Alice.
- Her character Alice was based on a real person.
- For her fright scenes she was trained by Navy Seals and Army Rangers.
- Prior to working with Walhberg and Berg she had always been a huge fan of their work.
- Working with Ronda Rousey was inspiring to her because she had also been a fan of Ronda’s UFC career.
Carlo Alban plays Douglas.
- Carlo never thought he would land the role Douglas and called it a dream come true to work with Peter Berg.
- The first thing Peter Berg told Carlo is that he loved him in Sesame Street.
- Carlo says that now that he’s been trained, it has ruined action movies for him since he now knows all the mistakes made.
Ronda Rousey plays Sam Snow.
- Ronda has been studying acting since 2012/2013, but still considers herself a student and says learning new things is what keeps her motivated.
- Ronda says it’s hard to learn and master something when someone is watching.
- Ronda says it’s a huge responsibility for her to prove Peter right for casting her in the role of Sam Snow.
- During filming, Ronda’s hair caught on fire.
- Ronda was very happy and excited that she got to train with Navy Seals.
Iko Uwais plays Li Noor.
- Iko said that the difference in working on a movie in the U.S and Indonesia is that in here in the U.S the cast and crew work 12 hour days versus Indonesia where they shoot two days straight.
Director Peter Berg.
- Peter Berg is a huge fan of realistic fight scenes.
- Peter says he can trust Mark’s ability to figure out the character Peter want’s him to play and see things that Peter can’t seem when it comes to the character’s arch. He values Mark’s input on his character.
- Peter says that even though Mile 22 is an action movie there were no injuries because they take safety very seriously.
- Peter said that prior to shooting in Colombia, they spoke with President Santos, and Santos was just happy that they weren’t filming a movie about cocaine. Mark and Peter also joked that they couldn’t find cocaine in Colombia.
- Peter loved Iko’s worth ethic and trusted him during all his fights scenes and he loved Carlo’s real toughness that he brought to the character.
In Theatres from STXfilms August 17, 2018
Connect with Mile 22 Online: